423 total views, 3 views today
To be honest, it’s actually really easy to get clicks on the Google Display Network. You can put up an ad and you’ll be getting clicks within minutes of it getting approved. Unfortunately a lot of those will be rubbish clicks by people who would never become your customer.
The better question with Google Display Network, is what are some good ways to get targeted, highly relevant clicks from prospective buyers using the Google Display Network.
To do this, you need to be absolutely scrupulous with regards to your targeting and settings. Here are some of my recommendations:
- Exclude “mature audience” and profanity placements if your ad is for a general audience – you don’t want to have your brand associated with websites that your brand wouldn’t normally align itself with
- Always exclude parked domains unless you like throwing away money
- Target using in-market audiences, custom intent audiences, remarketing audiences, similar audiences and custom affinity audiences. Use “Target” rather than observation and cut out any audiences that don’t perform well. I separate remarketing audiences from cold audiences and give them different bids.
- Manage your bidding well – ideally pay for conversions only or cap your maximum bid tightly. Display clicks are rarely going to lead to immediate sales, so it’s better to lower your bid for cold audiences as a large number of them will be accidental clicks or will leave your website immediately
- Always create your remarketing audiences and add social media pixels to your website before you start display advertising
- Curiosity and click-bait titles get clicks, but will also increase your irrelevant clicks. If you’re going to do this, make sure you’re bidding cheaply for your traffic as a lot of it will be rubbish.
- Always, always make sure you’re targeting the right location(s), and separate campaigns by location if the price per click needs to be different for each.
- Make sure your landing page is likely to lead to some kind of business outcome, and make sure that outcome is being measured
This tip and many others are found at https://www.petramanos.com/category/tips/