0405123696 petra@web-data-analytics.com

 1,689 total views,  3 views today

Similar Audiences in Google are based on your remarketing audiences.

Google Ads will scan through your remarketing list and using machine learning it will find or generate new audiences who have shown a similar search or browsing behavior to your existing list.

​​Once this similar audience visits your site they will be excluded from the similar audience and included on the remarketing list instead.

Be careful when using similar audiences!


​​If only 2% of your website visitors convert, the other 98% might not be good visitors for you. So using all users who have ever come to your website as the basis of your similar audience will give you an audience mostly similar to the 98% of people who didn’t convert! You definitely don’t want an audience similar to people who bounced.

​​Here’s how to fix it.

​​Wherever possible, if you’re going to use similar audiences, only use similar audiences based on remarketing audiences where the users transacted, added to cart, subscribed, interacted for a minute or did some other activity where they indicated interest in your products and services.

If you don’t have conversion remarketing audiences available (PS. we offer this as a service), you can create a remarketing audience of users who did not bounce, and this will make a much better similar audience for you than just an “all users” similar audience.

Businesses that get the most value from similar audiences are typically transactional, eg ecommerce, hotels and other retail industries with large traffic volumes. This is because Google will be able to create more accurate similar audiences the more members are on your underlying remarketing lists.​​

This tip and many others are found at https://www.petramanos.com/category/tips/

brett leggett

Hi Petra, Hope you are well, I checked out the Google Analytics and all I can say is AWESOME. You have essentially doubled her revenue in a month and the Google Ads seem to be popping off!

Brett Leggett Brett Leggett ✪ eCommerce Growth Specialist Ecommerce Google Ads April 23, 2020

charles marois olsa tools

Working with Petra was a great experience, communication was easy and she is very organized. She also provided detailed reports of the work she had done and the results generated. We would definitely recommend her services.

Charles Marois CEO, Olsa Tools Ecommerce Google Ads April 23, 2020

leesa dawson

I am so grateful to have met you, as I think your insights are the BEST I have ever come across.

Leesa Dawson CEO, The Uniform Stylist Ecommerce Google Ads April 23, 2020

Kiley Hay Baby Carriers Australia

I have been working with Petra for over a year now after changing from a much larger digital marketing provider and I could not be more pleased with the service and results my business is achieving.

With my previous providers I felt disconnected with limited communication. Petra on the other hand provides me with knowledge and information in a language I can understand that helps me make informed decisions not just about digital marketing but also my e-commerce business as a whole.

Petra has helped me navigate seasonal drops in trade creating a strategy that helped us grow and establish a healthy position in the market. It is an absolute joy to work with someone who loves what they do. I have complete confidence in recommending Petra to anyone considering e-commerce digital marketing, she is efficient, trusted and a true professional.

Kiley Hay CEO of Baby Carriers Australia Ecommerce Google Ads April 23, 2020

Monique Angeleri Ecommerce Google Ads

Working with Petra has been a fantastic experience. She has walked us through the entire google marketing process, worked within our budget, kept us up to date with the progress and sits down with us at the end of each month to explain how our ads are tracking. We couldn’t recommend Petra more, she is extremely accommodating and always has time to answer any questions we have along the way.

Monique Angeleri Marketing Director of Cadelle Leather [Ecommerce] Ecommerce Google Ads April 26, 2021