I was working in cybersecurity defence research when it suddenly occured to me that what I was doing was applicable to small businesses.
I was collecting data and automating the processing and visualisation of that data so that other people could make strategic decisions. When I imagined applying what I was doing to the steady stream of Facebook, Adwords, SEO and other marketing data for normal businesses I almost shouted “Eureka!”. I was that excited.
What do I do now?
These days I design, implement and visualise marketing data to give businesses the edge.
My areas of expertise include:
- Capturing conversion data, even when it is highly customised for your website
- Identifying where and why visitors are leaving your website
- Identifying the content, advertisments, and personal characteristics of visitors that is leading to the most engagement with your marketing
- Identifying how visitors engage with your website and what they typically do before purchasing or becoming a lead
- Visualising all this data so that it is easy to read and make strategic decisions.
My tools of the trade typically include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Adwords
- Google Data Studio, and
- Google Optimize
If I’m not busy working on an analytics or marketing project you’ll find me nose deep in a book.
Would you like to work with me?
I would love to hear from you. You can contact me through my contact form here, call me (within Australian timezones) or send me an email.